Update 1 Feb 2018 :
Dear participants, thank you for the enthusiasm and co-operation to make the event successful.
Also thank you for Google review submissions,
we agree with you to plan more such events in future, main demand was to conduct Sky Gazing introduction program, which we will start from next week during camping. Thank you 🙂
Also this time we were prepared to take-up walk-ins and our Kitchen team managed to prepare dinner for all in time, thank you Kitchen team for the same.
Update 31 Jan 2018 : Quick mobile uploads
Update 29 Jan 2018 : We are covered by Times Of India
Update 28 Jan 2018:
People called us and asked
“If the moon eclipse is going to be seen with naked eye, why is that we should come to RainBow Island ?”
Answer to this is
- It will be good to have away from City lights, but near so that you can be back home in time, at RainBow Island we get good darkness which will help you enjoying the moon eclipse.
- Again, if you are alone watching something, its boring … when you are doing same thing in a group the enjoyment is more … imagine you are witnessing the moon eclipse with a group of 50 people … someone telling his own story .. opinions .. we think the enjoyment is totally different .. and that too assisted with Hot served dinner .. somewhere outside … along the backwaters .. in chilling cold … Surely you will enjoy an evening ..with family and friends … So come join the group …
You can come to RainBow Island to see the Total Eclipse, it will be total dark after switching off lights .. also we have arranged small telescope (although you can see the Eclipse by naked eye)
We will also give a small presentation about information on Eclipse so that you can understand and enjoy the eclipse more …
You can enjoy evening Hot Pakoda or Pani-Puri or other (Menu changes per week)+ Tea, have Fog Dance (don’t forget to bring cloths for changing), see the Blue moon total eclipse, have a dinner and get back home at 9.30 pm night ….
Other option is you can stay back for Tent camping at Rainbow island and get back early morning after Bk fast + tea …
*Blue Moon Total Eclipse (with Telescope) at RainBow Island*
|Date||31st January 2018|
|Check-in time||5.30 PM (Reach by own vehicles)|
|High Tea will be served with Hot Pakoda or Pani-Puri or other (Menu changes per week)|
|Enjoy sunset, take selfies on our Selfie wall|
|~7 PM||presentation on basic information on Blue Moon Total Eclipse|
|Till 9.30 PM||Watch the Blue Moon Total Eclipse with telescope or necked eye|
|08.30 pm||Dinner will be served
(Menu : Phulka, Puri, 2 Maharashtrian Subji’s, Salad, Dal, Rice, 1 Sweet)
|Blue Moon Total Eclipse ends by 9.30 pm
– Its time to get back with lot of memories
|Cost||“To be declared” Rs PP Cost includes High Tea + dinner|
|*Things to be carried*||– Shoes
– Telescope if you are planning sky gazing (we will have one common telescope for all)
– Camera (if you have high end camera for Moon photography)
for inquiry of availability fill in this form
Blue Moon Total Eclipse from Pune Timings & Location details
First Blue Moon Total Eclipse In 150 Years To Occur 31 January 2018 and will be visible from India.
Obviously it is important to know what will be the timing from Pune for the eclipse and which is the best location to look at it. So nothing great but better you find out place away from city lights, where you get dark sky and watch the eclipse comfortably. If you have telescope then noting like it …
Also remember .. Don’t miss this important historic event since , the next time a Blue Moon passes through Earth’s umbra will be on 31st December 2028, and on 31 January 2037 !!
|Event||Total Lunar Eclipse in Pune|
|Begins||Wed, 31 Jan 2018, 18:23|
|Maximum||Wed, 31 Jan 2018, 18:59 1.32 Magnitude|
|Ends||Wed, 31 Jan 2018, 21:38|
|Duration||3 hours, 15 minutes|
|Location||You can enjoy it from home or get on to RainBow Island Pune where you will get pitch dark sky and cold night 🙂 come on call us to book your dinner with tent stay|
For below table showing visibility of Blue Moon Total Eclipse timings from Pune
(reference is taken from website https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/india/pune?iso=20180131)