There are so many locations used for Star gazing near Pune, and RainBow Island is most suitable due to its nearness to Pune city. Once can stay there through night in world class facility of food and tent stay or even return back home if needed in 30-40 minutes drive !! what else do you need ?
Children love this program of Star Gazing which is assisted by a Powerpoint presentation made in movie theater equipped with 100 chair capacity and HD quality projector room 🙂
Now we are tndwoods
Directly call Mr. Abhishek Sinha sir on 98334 04323
for bookings and camping program related activities.
You can also visit our NEW site http://www.tndwoods.com/
All facilities are contained in one single compound of 5 acres so one need not worry about dinner or tea at 2 am !
Campfire will keep running in parallel for those who wish to enjoy nights in parallel to the sky gazing activity.
So come on join us at RainBow Island … just near to Pune city .. 15 minutes drive from Hinjewadi .. .touching to the backwaters of Kasarsai dam … Enjoy the moments ..
Indicative Schedule for Sky Gazing program
|5 PM||Reach Campsite by your own travel (car/bike)|
|5-5.30 pm||High Tea / Cofee with Hot Pakoda or Pani-Puri or other (Menu changes per week)|
|5.30 PM to 6.30 PM||Fog Dance, Volleyball, Badminton, Cricket|
|7.30 PM Onward||Star Gazing (with small telescope – 900 mm with 4.5″ aperture)|
|Small Presentation on Sky Gazing on projector in mini-Movie hall|
|830 PM Onwards||Dinner (Roti, 2 Maharashtrian Subji’s, rice, dal, salad, sweet)|
|Campfire & Singing songs together (feel free to use Karaoke)|
|Camping in tents|
|7 am sharp||Bird watching (Introduction to Bird watching will be given)|
|Sunday Morning – Have a Cup of Tea with Bk fast & Back Home|
Camping and Stargazing – near Mumbai & Pune
What is best time for Star gazing ?
- December to February
- Early Winter or Early Spring provides you cloudless nights (preferably with little or no moon.
- Summers could be too hot, Winter nights could be too cold, as example Harishchandragad top experienced 5~6 degrees temperatures
- Checking the Sky condition on program day (I mean night)
Use the following link to view satellite images. These images are updated intervals of normally 6 hours. General thumb-rule is if more water vapor seen in image there is likelihood of cloud formation.
Click here to check sky clouds situation
- Its nature, it may happen that even you check for clear sky, you get clouds during program
In that case .. We wait and watch!
We still conduct discussion sessions. Show some slides, astro-movies and keep the show running. and if you feel get into your tent and sleep peacefully 🙂
What do you expect to learn ?
- What is Star
- Birth and death of a star
- Meaning by Constellation
- Meaning of Nebula
- Meaning of Cluster
- About Galaxy
Things to carry for Sky Gazing
- The usual binoculars and small telescopes
- Big 10″ or above telescopes will be normally arranged by organizers
- A star-map (actual print)
- A tablet/laptop with Stellarium App
- One small (dim) torch for reading
- One big torch for other purpose
- Celestron astromaster Reflecting Telescope (available online)
- Telescopes on Amazon
Information on camping and stargazing :
- Tents are equipped with comfortable carry mats to sleep.
- Answering nature in wilderness won’t be any problem as we have toilet with WC.
- Telescope with Instructor.
- Mineral Water
- Evening Treat (Garam Bhaji – time only for 30 minutes, so reach on time)
- Campfire (limited time)
- Dinner (Veg)
- Camping in Tents with Mattress
- Breakfast on second day.
- Tips, Porters, Phone calls.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the “Cost Includes” column above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like Road blocks,bad weather.
Payment Refund and cancellation terms:
- If Cancelled 5 days prior the event date will incurr 70% retention and 30% refund of booking amount.
- last 3 day cancellation No refund.
- First come first serve Limited seat.
- The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens.
- Payments should be done 7 days in Advance.
- Adventure activity should be booked prior.
Things tcarry along:
- Warm bedding / blanket
- Warm Clothes (including muffler + Kantopi) – Site will be cold at nights
- Tooth brush
for inquiry of availability fill in this form
Day trips for students, Outbound, Team Building & Camping
Do not forget to do Bird Watching at RainBow Island, do bring your binocular during camping.